QUALITY OF REAL ALE/CIDER/PERRY
• Noticeable improvement in the range or quality of the real ale and/or real cider/perry.
• Making a significant contribution to promote real ale and/or real cider/perry to the public.
• Selling real ale and/or real cider/perry at a consistently high standard over a period of time.
STYLE, DÉCOR, FURNISHING AND CLEANLINESS
• The pub/club should provide a comfortable, pleasant and safe environment throughout.
• The pub/club and glasses should be clean. Toilets should be hygienic and clean with hot water, suitable hand drying facilities etc.
• Are the décor and furnishing appropriate to the style of pub/club? Do they suit what it is setting out to be and is the décor in good order?
SERVICE, WELCOME AND OFFERING
• Service should be welcoming, friendly, polite and also prompt whenever possible. If the pub/club is busy, a friendly acknowledgement of your presence is desirable.
• You should be treated like a valued customer and made to feel at ease.
• Staff should be knowledgeable about and enthusiastically promote real ales (and cider and perry if applicable),
• Staff should know how to pick up and hold a customer’s glass.
• Do you feel welcome to have a drink without having a meal?
• Where possible, products from local producers should be included.
• The pub/club should be welcoming to all and avoid causing offence to any sections of society. This includes websites and other aspects of social media.
• Within its limitations, does the pub/club offer other products/services which may enhance a visit: good quality soft drinks, food, Wi-Fi etc.?
ALIGNMENT WITH CAMRA PRINCIPLES
• Prices and opening hours should be clearly displayed.
• You should get a full measure or a top up without asking. Does the pub/club use oversized glasses?
• Is real ale (cider and perry where applicable) promoted in a positive way?
• Real ale, cider or perry should not be sold using misleading dispense methods.
• Real ales should not be served through tight sparklers unless brewed to be dispensed in that way.